Friday, February 17, 2012

Breakfast Smoothie

So here's the thing. Last semester, I had late classes. My first class every day was at eleven o'clock. Every day. I would wake up around eight o'clock, take my own sweet time getting ready, make a scrumptious breakfast, and get started on some homework. Suffice it to say, I got spoiled. It was quite a shock to come back to this semester and get into the routine of nine o'clocks again. Granted, nine o'clocks are worlds better than the dreaded eight o'clock classes, but when you're used to eleven o'clocks, any earlier feels like a great hardship. Like I said, spoiled.

With this new absence of extra time in the morning, I have been forced to reevaluate my breakfast choices. My routine has become cereal, which is awful. I mean, I enjoy my Special K vanilla almond flakes, but after day eight you just need something else. So, rather than spend fifteen minutes making eggs and biscuits every morning, I have stumbled upon another idea. And let me tell you, it is a winner. I've been making these smoothies for years, but I believe I have perfected the (very uncomplicated) recipe. Cheers.


Breakfast Smoothie

- 3/4 cup frozen fruit (you can use tropical fruit or mixed berries)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (you can get this in different flavors if you so desire)
- 1 cup v8 fruit juice (cranberry juice, orange juice, use your imagination)
- 1 banana

Throw all ingredients in the blender, push the button, turn the knob (you know, whatever makes the machine start whizzing around everywhere). Give it about thirty seconds and you're set. Grab a glass and a straw and enjoy your insanely healthy and unbelievably quick breakfast.

And if you're feeling kinda fancy, these add-ins give it a little punch:
- 1/8 cup shredded coconut
- 2 TBSP. honey

No comments:

Post a Comment